THE SCARY HOUSE

I was out in the garage working on a prop when I heard some voices outside.  I stepped closer to the garage door and heard a pair of boys daring (what I assumed to be) a younger boy to, "Go up and touch the scary house.  Come on, just do it.  I'll give you some gum."  The younger boy wasn't interested.  "All you have to do is walk up the driveway and touch the garage door."  Still not interested.  The older boys called him a chicken and made awkward bird sounds and finally one of them offered, "Look, I'll show you how easy it is."  I heard his footsteps come closer.  "See, there's nothing to be scared. . . ."  Just as the garage door moved slightly at the touch of his hand I slapped it hard with an open palm . . . and then laughed my ass off at the sound of three pairs of feet whipping down the road and the little one screaming at the top of his lungs.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I can't stop laughing.

I love this [expletive deleted] holiday.

3 comments:

ShellHawk said...

Good one! Way to scare the little beggars, and give them a story to laugh about when they're older!

The Gill-Man said...

That is FANTASTIC! Absolutely perfect Halloween story!

Crystal said...

HA! Greatest Halloween story yet!!!